13 Things I Would Tell my 13 Year Old Self About Being a Creative
13 year old me was extremely insecure, awkward, and strange. (Honestly, all of these remain true today) However, now I have learned to embrace everything that makes me, "me." I always had a creative energy in me, but it took some time to figure out exactly what I wanted to do about it, so here is some advice I would give to 13 year old me who thought I was so "tortured" for shopping at Hot Topic and wearing pink skinny jeans. I thought I was very avant garde clearly.
1. Love yourself.
2. Rather than being afraid of pursuing something daring or creative, take it and run with it.
3. It's okay to not have all of the answers (I still don't.)
4. Boys are garbage and ignore them when they comment on how you dress.
5. Embrace your personal style, and love the fact that you have a quality that sets you apart from the rest.
6. Wear whatever makes YOU happy.
7. Only lift yourself up rather than tear yourself down.
9. It's okay to not know how you're going to get to where you want to be, but just know that you will get there.
10. Hard work is the most important merit to earn.
11. Do not feel the need to justify why/how you're going to make it in the fashion industry.
12. Focus on yourself and becoming the best version of you without the opinion's of other's in mind.
13. Be confident!